The school first received Department of Education recognition in 1958 when it was known as Sunbeam House Special National School. In 1977 Sunbeam House Services was established to provide training and employment for some school leavers.
In 1991 the school changed its name to New Court School and moved to its current setting on Newcourt Road where it shares a site with St. Andrew’s National School. During the school year integration activities between the two schools are organized with both groups and/or individual students.
A new building for both schools which was completed in September 2009 was officially opened in May 2010.